The building sits on the crest of a sloping green hill at the Montebello complex, on the southern portion of Morgan's campus. Constructed in 1922, it is distinguished by its Italianate Renaissance Revival architecture, with features like a terra-cotta tile roof, high interior ceilings, and decorative friezes inside and out.
The building has four floors, encompassing 14,000 square feet. We'll use much of it to create a pleasant home-away-from-home for visiting alumni, with a full complement of facilities including office and meeting space, dining service, fitness center and comfortable overnight guest rooms.
New focal point for alumni events, other activities
The Alumni House will serve as a center for alumni activities on campus, a reception area for visiting dignitaries and benefactors of Morgan, a mini-conference site for various groups, and a gathering place for small social functions.